Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chapter Eleven- Sweet Hour of Prayer


Becoming A Woman Of Prayer-Online Study



Chapter Eleven-
Sweet Hour of Prayer
(Becoming A Woman Of Prayer, © Cynthia Heald, June 2005.  Used by permission of NavPress, all rights reserved.  www.navpress.com)

"For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of wickedness.'" 
PSALM  84:10 NIV

Last night we concluded the last chapter in our study of "Becoming a Woman of Prayer" by following in this chapter's lead of a directed time of prayer. We had candles, some music (wish I could play an instrument and sing) and about 45 minutes of prayer whilst sitting encircled around a box of tissues. (We're criers.) 

I have been thankful to go through this study and so blessed to study alongside the women who have attended. Oddly enough, while I was certain I would feel more confident in my prayer life, I only find more confidence in God. While I'd hoped I'd grow in my leadership, I feel more inept and evermore aware of my need for reliance on Him. While I hoped we'd have more in attendance, I am encouraged and blessed by the women who did come. They were just who needed to be there and who God moved in. He is good. He is our All in All. He is the Reason. He is the goal. He is the means to bring us to Himself. 

Thank you, if you followed in this study. I pray the Holy Spirit encouraged you and drew you into deeper intimacy with our God through a deeper understanding of who He is and in time with Him. 

Thank you to Cynthia Heald and NavPress who wrote and published this study and who allowed me to  share this study here. 

Thank you Jesus for making yourself so accessible to us and for loving us more than we can comprehend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment