Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

So, today I had a lot on my list of things to do..the most fun was meeting two different friends for coffee/tea and hanging out. (So great to see you Michelle!) (Happy Birthday Kathy!!) But, also on my list was laundry, bills, bible time and some internet shopping. I accomplished two of these four. On the upside, it's only 9pm, Biggest Loser is recording and I can fold laundry and watch at the same time. Oh, how I love to multi-task!

The reason behind my inability to finish my list is that my daughter asked me to help her clean and rearrange her room. If you are like me, then the thought of cleaning ALL the junk out of your child's room and rearranging it is both exhilarating and daunting at the same time. But, we did it. Her room look's so much better and we found ALL kinds of missing toys, DS games, earrings and some dirty underwear and socks.......ew. So, though I didn't complete my list, it feels good to get something else, something sorta huge done (because my kids' rooms could lose a body and stunt CSI, they can get so out of hand).

Doesn't it look organized?..oh yeah, she's
got Beiber-fever. 


I give this about 12 hrs before it looks
mangled again. 


I love it when your plans get changed and although you didn't do what you expected, it turned out so much better than you planned. When I first moved back to Sacramento, I had a plan. A good plan. It was to work in the ER for a year, save money, buy a house, rent it out and become a travel nurse and see the world! What actually happened was, I moved back to Sacramento and approximately one month later, started dating a beard that would later become my sweet husband. He already owned a home, so inadvertently that goal sorta happened and we traveled a bit..went to Italy, DC, Tennessee, Colorado, Pollock Pines......and there, we stayed. Am I regretful, no. Am I glad God had a different plan for me, yes. Am I glad my daughter's room is clean...oh yes!

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"...For i know the plans i have for you," declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future."

4 comments:

  1. I don't know plans God has for me and life seems like it is a mess but your comments make me smile and remember how lucky I am and how great life is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catie's room looks great! Fun post, Mel! :)
    Stister Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. we recently did a an overhaul on the girls room and it was....well...let's just say it felt really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I'm pretty sure God plans for me to go to bed and stop blogging...then to wake up in 20 minutes and feed a baby...then bed...then wake and rock...etc.
    :)

    ReplyDelete