Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Forty

Today my 30's are behind me and I turn 40. Though I don't necessarily feel "sad", I do look with anticipation at what this next year, this next decade, this next half (gulp) of my life, Lord willing, will look like. I looked up the number 40 to see what significance is associated with it and this is what I've found this and I found this. 

-Forty, as an age and when defined by ABC News and their research, states that my mind and body slow from here on out.

-That I am now considered to be "middle aged"-ugh.

-Forty, when used as a time period in scripture, was significant to times of testing, times of trial, times of waiting and also times of promise. It's significant.

My hope is that this life of mine will be significant, not for my glory, but for God's glory. That I may be a tool for the kingdom of Christ. I pray that, whatever my first 40 years represented, these next 40 (Lord willing) will be His because I am His. Though my mind and body may slow, I pray my ministry for Him only becomes more urgent, more useful and more fruitful and that I may know Him more 40 x 40. .

Thank you God for these last 40 years. Thank you for today. Thank you for my future.


You’re not 40, you’re eighteen with 22 years experience.
~ Unknown

If you are 40+, what insight have you gained?
If you are under 40, what do you look forward too or feel apprehension about?
just curious.





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You are beautiful and fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14:). I am looking forward to my 40s because 1) I won't have any more toddlers in my house, lol! 2) my husband will be able to retire from the military- so we can settle and put down roots! 3) I will be at a newer place with the Lord- am excited to keep knowing Him more with each year that passes:) Have a wonderful bday dear sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! 40!! How did I miss this post??!

    Happy belated Birthday, girl!!

    So...you're paving the way for me... I'll be joining the middle-aged club in March.

    BRING IT ON, I SAY!! Whoop-whoop!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! So far, it's not so bad...except the aches, restless sleep and incontinence which I've termed the Great Flood of 2012. It was caused by hysterical laughter... :)
      hahahhahahhaahahhah
      Love you Cole!

      Delete