Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blessed on my Birthday

Today is my birthday and while I am blessed and so very thankful for my family and friends who give me a little extra love today. My heart is full remembering all the people who have loved, taught and cared for me over my lifetime.

You know, it's funny..every day, I check my facebook and see who has a birthday on that particular day and say my little "happy birthday" message and wonder if it means anything to the person receiving it. Today, I am thankful for each and every word I've received because each an every one of you have been an influence on me and in my life in some way and I am thankful for it. I am so sappy, I am literally crying right now just feeling "full" of thanks.. I may be PMSing...or it may be that I'm just an emotion girl. Never-the-less, "thank you's" and appreciation are not shared enough in this world and so I'm going to take this opportunity to make sure you all know..Thank you for loving me. Thank you for challenging me. Thank you for praying for me. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for counseling me. Thank you for being honest with me. Thank you for encouraging me. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for making me cry. Thank you for making me think. Thank you for working along side me. Thank you for reading my blog.  Thank you for being my friends.  The Lord has blessed me through you and I am thankful.

My prayer is that I may be as much of an encouragement to you, as you are to me.

This song is for you...
(of course, it's a song from Wicked)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Melinda for always being so honest both in person and with your writing....and you may be PMsing :), if I can be honest....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being you. You have been my friend for 32 years and I hope we remain in each others lives for many more years to come! Love ya lady!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartfelt hello is always welcome. You encourage me every day and it helps me and keeps me going. You are blessed and a blessing. Thank you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Friend! So glad it's such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete