Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

5 minutes

5 Minutes for MomWhat??? You don't have time to read my long winded blog posts...what? (gasp) shock! Awe! Nah..I get it. I'm still mothering myself, so short and to-the-point devotions or encouraging words are needed and often..like, now.....help me!!!!! jk

Here's one blog that groups together all kinds of christian mom bloggers...most much better than I..but I read a quote recently (read below) that encouraged me that it's ok if I'm not the best writer, or the most thoughtful thinker or the most popular blog..the point is that we share ourselves and our Lord with the others around us. 

"The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

Do you have any other blogs or devotions that you read/do when you need 5 minutes of affirmation? What are they?


2 comments:

  1. My favorite devotional is called 'Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Not for just mom's but it's very powerful.Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a gratitude journal and every couple nights or so I will write down at least three things I am grateful for weather it's with my family, something I'm proud of or something I may have seen or experienced. Then when I am feeling down or as though I need a lift up I go back and read them and realize how wonderful things are around me and it always picks me up.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete