|Catie dressed as a Rock star for Halloween 09.|
There are things you wish for in your teen years that are dreamy and romantic and ambitious and your parents look at you with hope, anticipation and they wish WITH you.
There are things you wish for as an adult that become very practical and useful..like a new vacuum and your family smiles again thinking, "yep, that about sums it up". I don't think dreams or wishes are bad...in fact, I think it's important to dream and wish. The important part is that, as you grow and mature as an adult and child of Christ, your wishes fall in line with HIM.
So in my....(clear throat) 29 (...yes, I said 29. Are you calling me a liar? :) ) years, this is what I still dream for (not in any particular order)
1. To lose more weight.
2. To re-do our bathroom.
3. To visit our friends in Portugal someday.
4. To see my children live for Christ and marry Christian spouses.
5. To travel to as many places as possible. Anywhere. Everywhere.
6. To go on a mission trip someday.
7. To be debt free.
8. To be an encouragement and touch the lives of as many people as possible for the Lord.
9. To have a home that looks like a pottery barn catalog. (All purchased at discount as to be a good stewards with our $$)
10. To sing on Broadway...(OK. still immature, but I'm still hoping. Did I mention I can't sing?)
Yep, that'll be me the 12th from the left. :)