Thursday, September 8, 2011
Top 10 Things I'd Rather Be Doing Than Folding Laundry
2. Hanging out at the beach- An isolated beach as my body is not beach wear ready. My body has never seemed beach wear ready but never-the-less, even if wearing a circus tent...I'd rather wear it at the beach.
3. Eating a meal out at a restaurant where Super-sizing isn't an option- I'm super-sized enough without that choice.
4. Going on a walk- I live in a beautiful area with pine trees, amazing seasons and clean, fresh air. No, it isn't Fresno.
5. Listening to my i-pod and cleaning my kitchen or bathroom- Yes, you read that correctly. The world feels infinitely better when my kitchen and bathrooms are clean. It feels good. It fills my soul.
6. Reading Facebook updates- Like the greater part of society, I'm on facebook and I look at it occasionally...or, uh more than occasionally. I cannot tell a lie. Friend me!!
7. Soaking in a jacuzzi- I don't actually HAVE a jacuzzi, but I'm hoping one day. And for me, even the hoping for it, is STILL preferable to folding laundry.
8. Going to the dentist- I feel very thankful to have had a great dental history...and I love going to the dentist. It's like getting new underwear. No one may notice the freshly cleaned teeth or fresh new undies but having either one makes me feel like a new woman. Which reminds me, I'm due for both.
9. Reading a book, my bible or a devotional- I love escaping away with my Lord...and lately, I've enjoyed escaping on a journey in a story that moves me... I've traveled a bunch, by book...even as far as heaven and back.
*****PS. There are a billion things of course, but the obvious things that I didn't mention in my list are spending time with my husband, my kids, my family, my friends...traveling the world...because those are all a given. I'd rather be doing these things more than most anything else.****
*****DISCLAIMER- this post was not sponsored by Dreamworks Pictures, Apple, Mr Clean, Face book, any jacuzzi manufacturers, The Dental Association or Random House Publishing.
<------Feel Free to donate to the "muddled mom needs a jacuzzi fund".
JK...there is no fund......yet. :)