Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fellowship, Faith and Feathers

  Tomorrow, many amazing women that I love and myself are heading up to South Lake Tahoe to our 2011 Ladies Retreat. I am looking forward to going for so many reasons. 
  1. The location...just lovely. How can you NOT see God in His creation.
  2. The women...beautiful ladies whom I cherish and am eager to spend time with, learn from and laugh with. (Oh we'll probably cry too..it is a retreat after all. What good is a retreat if it doesn't make you tear up a little.)
  3. Freedom..from housework, cooking, thinking about bills, or laundry or children getting up in the middle of the night children, barking dogs..what-have-you. Though, I am thankful for all these things and will miss my family, a break is therapeutic. 
  4. The fellowship and intimacy of time together spent in worship..which is, truly, one of my favorite parts. 
  5. What the Lord is going to teach us this weekend. I ALWAYS hear His spirit in the words and testimonies shared. The theme is "Feathering Your Nest".
  6. The Lord is giving me an opportunity to share, with the other ladies, what He is teaching me on Saturday night...My subtopic, "How Do You Feather Your Nest If You Feel Like You Are Molting?"
Ladies Retreat 2010
I covet your prayers...I pray for God's leading. 
I hope I don't flail...I pray for God's direction. 
I hope I don't get palpitations...I pray for God's strength..for courage. 

One of the verses I am sharing and what I am relying on:
2 Cor 12:9


'But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."


"Feathers are a bird’s most precious possession - beautiful and complex structures that give the gift of flight and insulate their bodies. However, after about a year, these delicate structures wear out. Even with careful preening, the feathers get frazzled and crimped from the wear and tear of ordinary activity." 
from All about Your Parrots Feathers.  







2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for you...you're amazing smile. You're constant energy and helpfulness. Your genuineness! You light up a room the second you arrive. Looking forward to hearing God's wisdom through your experiences. Wear your heart on your sleeve...few do...and you do it well!
    In His love, Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying and thinking of you as you sleep, hopefully tonight, and get lots of rest before your trip up. I hope you have a wonderful time with all the ladies and pray for peace and wisdom as you speak with your heart. God Bless You, I am really proud of you and what a wonderful wife, mommie, animal lover of many and Daughter you are. Love You, Mommie

    ReplyDelete